Blackwell welcomes groups all year round and we offer flexible options, competitive rates for groups of 12 or more, with additional benefits and incentives for drivers and group organisers. We also offer additional savings for groups who would like to visit our other venues, Abbot Hall Art Gallery and Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry, in Kendal too.
Please scroll down for further information.
Download our group visits brochure
“We were made very welcome by all the staff and all our requests were dealt with efficiently and happily.”
Benefits for groups
- Free coach parking during your visit.
- Coach welcomed by a member of staff.
- Pre-booked catering options with reserved seating.
- Early visits at Blackwell before we open to the general public.
- Bookable guided tours, for differing interest and knowledge levels.
Benefits for organisers
- Free familiarisation visits to see how timings would work and look at what would be of interest to your group. Visits can be made at any time during our normal opening hours. Just contact us with the details below and we can make arrangements.
- Free admission for the organiser when bringing a group of 12 or more paying visitors.
- An additional free place when bringing 40 or more paying visitors.
- Free catering for the organiser when catering is booked from the group menu for 12 or more paying visitors.
Benefits for coach drivers
- Free admission.
- Free refreshment voucher.
- Special reserved coach parking.
Student group visits
Self-led student group visits are completely free.
If you would like a facilitated group visit for 12 or more students with a tour or talk included, this would be charged at £5 per person.
For more information about college/university visits, please contact the Group Booking Co-ordinator on email@example.com or 01539 888056.
For information about school visits, please contact the Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01539 722464.
Blue Badge Guides
Registered Blue Badge Guides that book groups in advance will benefit from the following:
- Free familiarisation tour of each venue. Please contact us to arrange.
- Free admission for Blue Badge Guides.
- The group rate admission (regardless of numbers).
- Early admission option to view the venue before it opens to the public.
- A reserved table for lunch for groups of up to 6 (or if available, booked immediately on arrival).
Prices & Booking
Group Admission Prices
- Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House £6.00
- Abbot Hall Art Gallery £5.00
- Museum of Lakeland Life & Industry £4.00
- Abbot Hall & Museum of Lakeland Life £7.00
- All three venues £10.00
Art Fund members receive 50% discounted admission to all three venues.
For more information, booking and to find out whether your preferred date(s) are available, please contact the Group Bookings Co-ordinator on email@example.com or call 01539 888056.