Site Progress - July
Over the last month work has continued on the conservation workshop building, the roof is being installed and will be finished in copper next month. A retaining wall behind the building has also been constructed which will later form a timber store for planks used in the boat conservation.
The concrete foundation for the café was completed and the steel structure for this building has been erected. The structure beautifully frames the views towards the Langdales and across to Claife Heights which future visitors will be able to enjoy over cake and a cup of coffee.
A team of divers has also been working in the water to repair part of the historic dock wall originally built in the 1920’s. Much of the wall has been retained and elements will be visible when the boathouse is completed.